Friday, March 23, 2007

In Training

I went to the gym today-yay me! For some reason when I found out I was pregnant I did not work out for the next 14 days. I am by no means a gym rat, but 2 weeks is a long time for me. Throughout my last 2 pregnancies I convinced myself I was addicted to endorphins. There is a definite correlation between sweat and a decrease of mood swings. And as everyone knows, mood swings are common in pregnancy.

Not only am I scared of myself when not exercising, but I need to be in shape to go through labor. When pregnant with Sadie I did squats and lunges because I was determined to deliver her squatting. She was born in a bed, but I do believe that my cardiovascular condition helped to make labor and pushing easier.

Sadie is finally herself again today. She's eating, smiling, talking and crawling. After 5 days of being under the weather, I honestly had doubts that she would ever return to normal. She's got a carrot face, toothy grin looking up at me right now.

Ella is in the age of birthday parties. It seems like we have 1 every weekend. The WORST was Chuck E Cheese. Remind me never to have a party there. It is the definition of chaos. Ella had a blast though. Tomorrow is the poison, I mean candy, factory. I have no idea what they will do there, but I'm sure it will be laced with nuts. If she goes she will miss dance, so hopefully she will rather go to dance. She is taking a ballet/tap class at Orlando school of Dance which she loves (and she is a natural). We'll see-I sort of remember birthday parties as being in a class of their on from my childhood.

No comments: