Tuesday, March 27, 2007

OKAY, I'm tired!

I admit it is true. I got in a fight with my 5 year old. After working 7pm-7am and then getting 4.5 hours of sleep, I picked Ella up at school. She wanted her friend to come over. Great, I told her...as long as we clean up a little bit first. Her idea was a 10 minute power clean. (power clean-a fun event usually lasting 2-5 minutes in which you set a timer, blast music and clean as fast as you can until the timer beeps)

When the cleaning time started Ella played, peed (on the floor creating more to clean), pooped (in the toilet) and did a few other things that were not cleaning. Long story short, I ended up yelling, swearing and threatening to cancel her play date. I guess 5-year-olds need downtime after an 8 hour school day.

I hope fatigue contributed to my behavior.

No comments: